Baccarat still remains a very popular card game, especially amongst Canadian players at online casinos. And with a Live Dealer version, the game's popularity is increasing even more. The name baccarat comes from the word "baccara", meaning zero and talks about the value of the face cards (Ace, King, Queen and Jack) and the 10s (which will be explained shortly). The good news for players from Canada is that they can now play baccarat, as well as the live dealer version, with real money at all the best online casinos.
If you tend to favour blackjack or roulette more, the rules of baccarat may be a bit daunting at first, but with this review and a quick how-to-play guide available in the casino software, it's easy to understand the game. First, some general rules: there are 3 types of bets that you can place: Player, Banker or Tie. If both the Banker's and your (the Player's) hands have the same value, it will be a Tie. Kings, Queens, Jacks and Tens have a zero point count. The object of baccarat is to predict if the Banker's or Player's hand will be closer to the value of 9, or if the deal will result in a Tie. Should the total of the two cards dealt be higher than 10, the second digit is the value of the hand. A third card could also be drawn and the rules for this work as follows:
- Should the Player's third card be a 9, 10, Jack, Queen, King or Ace, the Banker draws one more card should he have a value of 0, 1, 2 or 3, but he will stay with a 4, 5, 6 or 7.
- Should the Player's third card be an 8, the Banker draws another card should he have a value of 0, 1 or 2 and stay with a 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7.
- Should the Player’s third card be a 6 or 7, the Banker draws should he have a value of 0-6, and stays with a 7.
- Should the Player’s third card be a 4 or 5, the Banker draws should he have a value of 0-5, and stays with a 6 or 7.
- Should the Player’s third card be a 2 or 3, the Banker draws another card should he have a value of 0-4, and stays with a 5, 6 or 7.
Canadian players can also play the Live Dealer version of baccarat at many online casinos, plus they can play in CA$. The only difference here is that you will play in a live environment with a real croupier dealing the cards and you can also interact with other players at the table from around the world. Once you have logged into the online casino of your choice, simply go to the Live Dealer section, select baccarat and choose your live dealer and table - it really is as easy as that.
We have found the best places to play baccarat, as well as Live Dealer baccarat. The online casinos listed at CanadianOnlineCasino.net all accept players from Canada, have a real money play option and offer CA$ to play in. Simply choose your favourite online casino and start playing - enjoy the exciting table game that is baccarat.