Online Blackjack - How to Play
Also known as twenty-one, Blackjack is one of the most popular casino games in the world, including Canada. But what is it exactly and how does it work? Blackjack is a card game in which the contest takes place between player and dealer, as opposed to player versus player. It comes with one or more 52-deck cards and the object for you as the player is to trump the dealer. This can be achieved by:
- Scoring 21 points on the first two cards
- Scoring more than the dealer without getting over 21
- Allowing the dealer to draw extra cards until 21 is exceeded
Online casino blackjack works in the same way. When you start playing, you'll be dealt an initial two cards - these are the cards you'll use to begin organising your Blackjack hand. In order to count the value of your cards, all you have to do is look at the number on each of them. Take note that…
- Face cards (K, Q, J) are 10 points each
- An Ace can be counted as 1 or 11 points
- And other cards equal the number on each
When choosing online casinos Blackjack is always a major factor. Luck obviously plays a pivotal role. This is a game of chance after all. But utilising a strategy never hurt anyone, especially when you're playing for real cash. But first you need to become familiar with some of the terms used:
- Hit: Take an additional card from the dealer. Remember, you can ask for as many additional cards as you want, as long as your card value amount doesn't go over 21 (called 'going bust'). If the dealer busts, you may win as long as your end score is the same or less than 21.
- Stand: This simply means you have enough cards and you don’t need to take any more.
- Double Down: This means you'll elect to get only one more card after your original hand is dealt. This will then double your bet, after which you'll have to play your hand according to whichever card is dealt next.
- Split: This is only available as the first decision of a hand. If the first two cards have the same value, the player can split them into two hands, by moving a second bet equal to the first into an area outside the betting box. The dealer separates the two cards and draws an additional card on each, placing one bet with each hand.
The basics of Blackjack are easy enough to learn, but there are more complex strategies that you can put into play in order to improve your skill sets. These you will come to learn the more you play. Online casino Blackjack has always been a thrilling game, and it's one that's here to stay.
The Best Online Blackjack Casinos - Look at the Reviews
There are many different types of Blackjack games available like Single-Hand Blackjack, Single-Hand Gold Series Blackjack, Multi-Hand Blackjack, Multi-Hand Gold Series Blackjack and Progressive Blackjack. And the best online casinos in Canada will have them all. You can even try your hand at live dealer blackjack - casino sites that let you play online whilst interacting with a live croupier. Our experts have taken time to play at all of these to gain as much insight into which ones are the best online blackjack casinos.
So if you're looking for an action-packed casino experience that can't be beaten, take a look at our reviews of the best Blackjack online casinos to play at, choose the one you want to play, open a real money account, and pick which Blackjack game you're going to play first. You won't be disappointed.